Thursday, May 17

The love for the sake of Allah

Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "There are seven whom Allah will shade with His shade on the day when there is no shade but His shade: a just ruler, a youth who grows up worshiping Allah, the Mighty and Exalted, a man whose heart is attached to the mosque, two men who love each other for the sake of Allah, meeting and parting for that reason alone, a man who refuses the advances of a noble and beautiful woman, saying, 'I fear Allah', a man who gives sadaqa and conceals it so that his left hand does not know what his right hand gives, and a man who remembers Allah when he is alone and his eyes overflow with tears." [Agreed upon]

“There are three things, that whoever attains, will find the sweetness of faith: If Allah and his messenger are dearer to him than anyone else; if he loves a person solely for the sake of Allah; and if he would hate to return to disbelief (kufr) after Allah has rescued him from it, as much as he would hate to be thrown into fire."

Abu Hurairah (RA) reported: The Prophet (SAW) said,
"A man set out to visit a brother (in Faith) in another town and Allah sent an angel on his way. When the man met the angel, the latter asked him, "Where do you intend to go?'' He said, "I intend to visit my brother in this town". The angel said, "Have you done any favour to him?'' He said, "No, I have no desire except to visit him because I love him for the sake of Allah, the Exalted, and Glorious.'' Thereupon the angel said, "I am a messenger to you from Allah (to inform you) that Allah loves you as you love him (for His sake)". [Muslim]

Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, [Bukhari & Muslim]"By the one who has my soul in His hand, you will not enter the Garden until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I point out to you something which will make you love one another if you do it? Make the greeting widespread among you." [Muslim]

Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "A man visited a brother of his in another village and Allah positioned an angel to wait for him on his way." He mentioned the hadith to his words, "Allah loves you just as you love him for His sake." [Muslim]

Mu'adh said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'Allah, the Mighty and Exalted, says, "Those who love one another for My majesty will have pulpits of lights. The Prophets and martyrs will envy them."'" [at-Tirmidhi]

“If a man loves his brother in faith, he should tell him that he loves him.”[Abu Dawud]

Anas reported that a man was with the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, when a man passed by him and said, "O Messenger of Allah, I love this man." The Prophet said to him, "Have you informed him?" He said, "No." He said, "Inform him," and he caught up with him and said, "I love you for the sake of Allah." He said, "The One for whom you love me has made me love you." [Abu Dawud]

“The relationship between believers is like a wall, parts of which support other parts.”[Muslim]

A Muslim should not forsake or abandon his brother, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:
“There should be no breaking off of ties, no turning away from one another, no hating one another. Be brothers, as Allah has commanded you.” [Muslim]

It is mentioned in a hadith Qudsi “My love is incumbent upon those who love one another for my sake, those who exchange visits for my sake, those who sit with one another for my sake, and those who put themselves in the service of one another for my sake”. It is the loyalty of those who love one another not for worldly benefits but only in the cause of Allah. Those are the the ones for whom Allah's love is incumbent. [Malik]

I love you for the sake of Allah subhanu wa ta'ala.

No comments: